Sunday, September 28, 2008

Need for Madder Red Wool Yarn

I have decided to have some of my Liberty or Death Caps available for sale at the Battle of the Hook in Gloucester, Virginia 17-19 October 2008. But, as I didn't have any madder red wool available, I needed to do some dying and fast.




I put on a vat of madder red using a recipe from an excellent book, Natural Dyes by Gwen Fereday. I absolutely love her book. Deciding what recipe to use is made easy with her numerous pictures.





I finally finished my "Verdandi" clutch bag. I got the pattern from a Norah Gaughan collection book, Volume 2. I tried to do the crochet border on the ring but as I have never crocheted, I was unable to get it to look right. So, I just covered the ring in the gold yarn. I do not like having the heavy ring on the front and I may remove it and put some other decoration there.





The madder dye pot is done and I will leave the yarn in the pot until tomorrow when I get home from work and yoga. Then it will be rinse, rinse, rinse.

No comments: