Thursday, October 05, 2006

Bobble Sweater

I don't often knit sweaters for myself. But I saw a sweater in Vogue Knitting that I loved. It is the James Coviello Cropped Bobble Sweater from the Holiday 2005 issue.


I didn't have any problem knitting it. But I did have trouble putting it all together. I don't believe that it is put together in the same quality that I did with the knitting. If I really wanted to I could rip it out and do again. But, it looks good enough for me for now. I knit it in small and used Lion Brand Wool-Ease instead of the Blue Sky Bulky alpaca wool that the pattern called for.

Anyway, I finished putting it together last night. I still don't have the ribbon to put in it yet. I'll try to pick up some this weekend. It looks good without it and it will look even better with it. I don't think that I will put the bows at the top though.



I also don't crochet so I just couldn't get the finishing chain stitches to look right so I just left them off.

Now I am working on the ribbon sweater and a swatch for a pair of mittens that I want to knit. I want to knit them with small steel needles and my walnut-dyed yarn. I want to add a poem or something on the front using the onion-dyed yarn that I made. So, I need the swatch to figure out how many letters I can fit on a row. More to come.

No comments: