Monday, October 16, 2006

Caroline Ribbon Sweater

I believe I have the flu. I have been on the couch now for four days. With nothing to do but knit, I was able to finish the Caroline Sweater. I used Berroco Zen in color 8215 which is a real nice smoky blue.

It was the first and last time I will ever knit with ribbon yarn. I had to find out the hard way that ribbon yarn is difficult to knit with and it is absolutely horrible if you have to rip out stitches. The needle points constantly kept hitting the middle of the yarn and caused the stitch not to come all the way through. Same problem when ripping out and trying to pick the stitches back up again.

The sweater is beautiful though and looks great on me (I couldn't get the picture to show its great charateristics). I knit it using the 35" bust size. I can't wait to wear it. I finished it in the fall though and will probably have to wait until spring to wear it. I am already calling it my flu sweater.



My next project is a pair of mittens with the beginning of the "The Crisis" by Thomas Paine knit into them. I am going to use my walnut and onion dyed yarn. I already did the swatch using size 00 needles. I should get 8.5 stitches to the inch and 9 rows to the inch. It will take me a long time to finish these. I'll use steel needles so they will be 18th century correct and will be able to knit them while I am re-enacting.

No comments: