Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Catching Up

I haven't posted a Blog since Gwen had her Christmas message. That is not to say that I haven't been busy.












I got a 9" Robert Raikes Hope doll and dressed her in handmade 18th century style clothing. I plan on using her for education examples of how a woman would have dressed - especially to show all the layers. I tried to make shoes but I just could not get those to look good. I also purchased and painted the box that she is displayed on with Pumpkin milk paint.



I also made a sign for my laundress "business". I designed it myself. The blue and white checked is actually fabric while the rest is wood. It is really eye-catching.


I have so much more to post, I'll try to keep you updated (I'm working on Cochineal dye and have a pound of wool yarn in the vat right now).

No comments: