Sunday, October 26, 2008

Robe D'Anglaise

I decided at the Battle of the Hook that I would sew a new dress. I didn't want it too fancy because I want to be able to use it to portray the regiment's laundress.

First, I picked out a Robe d'Anglaise pattern from Collections of J.P. Ryan.

Next I chose the material - a lovely indigo blue linen with a small check for the lining.

Then I made a test bodice to see if I would need to adjust anything.

I ended up making just one adjust on the back.

I started on Friday night and finished it on Sunday. I love it. I can't wait to get an opportunity to wear it.

No comments: