Thursday, June 29, 2006

More Alpaca

I just received another 5 skeins of Misti Alpaca Sport (Natural White) in the mail which gives me 7 skeins. This weekend - 4th of July weekend with 4 days off for the holiday - I am going to use the machine sock pattern I have perfected with the Alpaca and knit me another pair of re-enactment socks. I can't wait! My feet are already squirming with joy!

I started hand knitting another pair of re-enactment socks for Mike using the Misti Alpaca Worsted in Moss Grey Mellange. Very nice color. I just had to have something to knit while mindlessly watching TV. I have already completed the top of the first sock and have started the leg. I love this yarn. It is not too expensive, it is heavenly soft, and works quickly through your fingers. I love hand knitting with natural fibers. The man-made fibers just don't "feel" right in my hands. I'll knit with man-made fibers on the knitting machine though even with the static problem they tend to have. But hand knitting - natural fibers rule.

No comments: