Monday, November 17, 2008

Mini-Vacation Ocean City Maryland

We could not have picked a worse weekend to have a min-vacation in Ocean City, Maryland. The weather was not so nice (rain Saturday, cold and very windy on Sunday).

We stayed at the Safari Motel right there on the boardwalk (13th Street). We were the only ones in the entire motel. And the hotels around were all closed up so it turned out to be a very quiet weekend. Our room was very simple and affordable this time of year ($59 per night versus hundreds of dollars). We were surprised to find most of the city boarded up for the season. Hardly anything was open. It would be depressing to live there year round - extremely busy in the summer and a ghost town all other times.

We drove around Assateague Island(Maryland side only) and saw some deer and ponies.


We saw about a dozen very brave souls kitesurfing on the coast.

On Sunday morning we rented some bikes (bikes in a very loose sense compared to the ones we own and commute on) and rode up and down the boardwalk.

I worked some more on my new sweater in the car, Baby Cables and Big Ones Too. Lots and lots of stitch markers to keep track of the different cables and the raglan increases. I am using KnitPicks Elegance Yarn in Raisin. It is an alpaca and silk mix (70/30).
And I started the ribbing around my Noro socks (sorry no picture yet). Since I ran out of yarn, I am using some left-over wool from my last cochineal dye.

No comments: