Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

This year, I am celebrating the fact that Mike and I are together for this so American of a holiday - Thanksgiving. And a celebration cannot be without lots of great food and drink.

On Wednesday evening I made the pumpkin pie and cranberry jelly. I also broiled the brine, let it cool, and started soaking the turkey. What a turkey. I ordered it a few weeks ago from our butcher down the street, "Let's Meat on the Avenue". It's a 15 pound free-range never frozen turkey.


On Thanksgiving day, I made the bread and garlic mashed potatoes and of course roasted the turkey and Mike made Gluewein.

And there was knitting. Here is a striped scarf knit in Knitpicks Felici in Dakota. With that scarf finished, I have just a few more knitted gifts to finish.

I knitted two more Monmouth caps and another gift - a Liberty or Death Cap for a friend's baby. I will add the pom-pom later.
I hope your Thanksgiving was spent with loved ones as well.

No comments: