Sunday, November 09, 2008

Stitches East 2008


This is a picture of the USS Constellation harbored in Baltimore's Inner Harbor. We had lunch overlooking this ship right after we finished shopping at Stitches East. The weather was wonderful but not nice enough to keep us from spending 4 hours shopping.

I was overwhelmed with the amount of beautiful yarn filled the Baltimore Convention Center. Unfortunately, not a lot of undyed yarn for reenactment stockings. I did buy some yarn for myself though. My favorite is a Kureyon Noro sock yarn in Color 182 from The Mannings booth. The colors are just so beautiful. Can't wait to see what a pair of socks will look like with it. This picture doesn't do the colors justice - they are so much brighter.



I bought Vogue Knitting's The Ultimate Sock Book and Richard Rutt's A History of Hand Knitting because they had additional history of socks. I found a copy of Stepahnie Pearl-McPhee's new book Free Range Knitter. My last book is Shadow Knitting by Vivian HØxbro. And I actually won a book too! Babies and Toddlers A Knitter's Dozen.



Besides the Noro, I also bought 3 skeins of one ply wool from Cottage Craft that I will make into stockings. I believe the non-uniformity of the wool, will give the stockings an even greater look of the 18th century.

Another yarn to add to my stash are 10 skeins of Laines Du Nord silk in a bright red from Webs.

The very last yarn I indulged myself in are 2 skeins of Frog Tree 100% Brushed Suri in natural from Yarn Barn. Read about this lovely yarn at The Yarnery Blog.

No comments: